We offer a 2 or 4 week intensive Business English Course (15-20 hours/week) which includes a combination of tutorials, conversation classes, and social/cultural outings.
Students are engaged in communicative activities to develop their ability to speak, listen, read and write in English, all within a business framework. They will learn how to make effective phone calls, give presentations, write memos and emails, and even how to socialise with clients to build rapport. They will work with graphs, and charts and familiarise themselves with talking about figures and data.
Students attend English Language Classes in the morning, which includes some Irish cultural lessons, and in the afternoon there will be various activities, and excursions.
Students attend English Language Classes in the morning, which include some Irish cultural lessons, and in the afternoon there will be various activities, and excursions.
Suggestions for Afternoon & Evening Activities are as follows:
- Cork City Walking tour
- Cork city Gaol
- Visit Elizabeth fort (old city walls)
- Visit Shandon, including the butter museum, and St Anne’s church.
- Visits to Museums
- Visit to Midleton, and Jameson Distillery tour
- Visits to Castles, such as Blarney Castle, and Blackrock Castle observatory
- Day trip to Cobh, and a visit to the Titanic Experience.
- Day trip to Spike Island – Europe’s best tourist attraction
- Day trip to Kinsale
Duration: 2 or 4 week options.
Starting Date: July & August
Certification: A Direct English Certificate of Achievement will be awarded at the end of the course.