The Pre-Master’s in Information Technology is designed to enable students to quickly bridge the gap between their existing qualifications and a Master’s programme. They will upgrade their English language ability to a level suitable for Master’s entrance, while also being introduced to studying business subjects through the medium of English. The Pre-Master’s in IT is structured into three terms, taught over a total of 30 teaching weeks, with additional time available at the end of each term for assessment. You must pass each of the delivered modules in order to be awarded with a Pre-Master’s in IT Certificate. After passing the course subjects at/above the required 60% mark score overall, you also need to sit the ILETS exam at the end of the course and achieve the minimum score of 6.5 to fulfill the university criteria. Pre-Master’s in IT graduates can progress directly to the Institute of Technology Carlow or Bangor University.
Students must pass each of the following modules in order to be awarded with a Pre-Master’s in Information Technology Certificate:
- English Language Level 4,
- English Language Level 5,
- English for Academic Purposes 1 and 2,
- Developing Study Skills for Postgraduate Learning,
- Object-Oriented Modelling
- Decision and Management Support Systems
- Optional Module:Introduction to IELTS
Course Start Date:
February & September
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in your home country,
- Minimum IELTS score of 5.5 and no less than 5.0 in any section (or equivalent),
- Current CV.
This programme is assessed by assignment and examination.
One Academic Year, full-time.
This programme is taught face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials and seminars at Direct English.